Please note that Cavaliers Publishing submission guidelines have changed! Please refer to Common Errors Fact Sheet to polish your manuscript before submitting.
Please remember that submissions are accepted via email only. Because all queries and submissions are tracked (in case a response needs to be resent), no queries by snail mail, phone, in person, or through social media, including Facebook and Twitter. Please visit Our Editors page to find the Editor that would work best for your type of Genre.
How to submit your email query:
- Start by making sure Cavaliers Publishing represents the type of project you’ve written. Fill out the contact form on our submission page.
- In the subject line, write QUERY and the title of your project. This will help ensure that your submission isn’t accidentally deleted or caught in our spam filter.
- In the body of the contact form, include a one-page synopsis about your project, you can submit after your synopsis the first two or three chapters of your manuscript, however this is not required at this time of evaluation.
- No attachments please! Because of virus concerns, emails with attachments are deleted unread.
We are looking for a good story well told. How you tell that story doesn’t need to fit in a neat little category. For those looking for more specifics, you might find this helpful:
- Young-adult and upper-level middle-grade novels in all subgenres
- Big crossover novels with one foot squarely in genre
(Wool, The Night Circus, Gone Girl)
- Literary commercial novels
(Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, The Art of Racing in the Rain)
- Upmarket women’s fiction
(Keepsake, My Sister’s Keeper, Still Alice)
- Single-title romance (historicals especially)
(Ravishing The Heiress, The Ugly Duchess, The Heir)
- Lead title or hardcover science fiction and fantasy
(Soulless, Game of Thrones, Old Man’s War)
- Inspirational true stories
- Historical Non-Fiction
- True Stories of any period.
Response Time~ We read and respond by email to each and every query sent to us. Expect a quick response to queries (within 15 days). Occasionally, it may take longer. DUE to Covid-19 and shelter in place orders we have been slightly overwhelmed with submissions. We will respond to receipt of your query, please understand review time may take slightly longer than normal.
If you have not received a response after two weeks, then something might have gone astray in the cyber world. Is your email account still active? Are emails to you being spam-filtered? Our reply to you might have bounced or been deleted. You might want to resend your email query.
If you have submitted sample pages to our submission database per our request, please remember that a response can take up to two months. As with queries, I will email my response to sample pages electronically, so keep an eye on your spam folder.
Cavaliers Publishing is not your traditional Publisher. We are authors and editors that believe in writing great stories. We know the hard work it takes to write a good book and believe that the Author should benefit from their work more than anyone else. We believe that the traditional Publishing Houses are out of date in today's digital world. We want to partner with our Authors, publish great stories that allows the Author benefit from their work for a change. When you partner with Cavaliers Publishing you will have the benefits of maintaining all your books royalties and complete ownership of your book while being back by a reputable Publishing Company.
Writing is not an easy task. We understand that. Putting your life's blood out there on the stage of public scrutiny can be scary! We understand that! If Cavaliers thinks your a good match ~ and vica versa ~ you will not be alone! We want our Authors to be our partners as well as clients. We strive to work together, brainstorming plots if need be. We do not want to just print your book... we want to polish it, present it and watch it grow!
Cavaliers Publishing offers our clients a wide range of services. Editing, Manuscript Review, Education- author workshops, Coaching, Formatting, Ghostwriting, Marketing & Promotion, and Publishing Packages.